Connecting New Service - Tenants

Utilities Department
Walker Municipal Building
10136 Florida Boulevard
Walker, LA 70785

Phone: 225.664.3123
7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday

1. Complete and sign the application. For your convenience, you can complete the form online then print it and sign it, or you can print a blank application and fill it out by hand. For an online application, click here if you are a residential/commercial.

2. You must furnish a formal lease agreement, signed by both parties. Must provide landlord's phone number.

3. You must provide us with a copy of your driver's license or state identification card.

4. You must pay the following deposits:

Water $100
Sewer $50
Gas $100
Garbage $40

5. You must pay the following service charges:

Water $17
Sewer $25
Gas $17

6. Although the City of Walker does not provide electricity, we do require that residents inside the city limits obtain an occupancy permit before Entergy can connect your service. The fee for that permit is $20. After you have been approved for utility service, the clerk will provide you with the proper paperwork to connect your electricity.