Permits & Inspections
Walker Municipal Building
10136 Florida Boulevard
Walker, LA 70785
7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
All contractors doing business in the City of Walker must have a City of Walker contractor's license. For instructions on applying for a license, click here. For a license application, click here.
The contractor must supply the completed application for electrical, plumbing and/or mechanical permits up front or as needed during the construction of the home, and must pay the applicable fees.
For an electrical permit application form, click here.
For a plumbing permit application form, click here.
For a mechanical permit application form, click here.
Your plans will be reviewed for code compliance. For a list of applicable construction codes and editions, click here.
What you need to know
about permits & inspections
1. Electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits are required on all jobs before rough-in begins.
2. Electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits will be done the same day or the next business working day.
3. No inspections will be done without a permit.
4. Each trade is required to call in their inspections only.
Order of inspections
1. Temporary electric pole
2. Rough-in plumbing
4. Electrical rough in
5. Mechanical rough in
6. Plumping top out/gas
7. Rough framing
8. Electrical final
9. Plumbing final
10. Mechanical final
11. Sewer tie-in
12. Final framing building [require top-of-floor elevation certificate; issue occupancy certificate]