Code enforcement

Permits & Inspections
Walker Municipal Building
10136 Florida Boulevard
Walker, LA 70785

Phone: 225.665.8893

7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday


The City of Walker Council has adopted codes [laws] specifically designed to address blight and nuisances, and to maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment for all citizens in our community. The city does this by working in partnership with the people of Walker. We administer a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of municipal codes and land-use requirements.

Reporting a problem

A code enforcement complaint form is available online here. You can report a blight or nuisance problem in the City of Walker to:

The City of Walker Permit Department
P.O. Box 217
Walker, LA 70785
Phone: 225.665.8893
Fax: 225.664.0140

The following information must be supplied to begin a case file:

1. Address of the property
2. Name of the owner of the property
3. Any contact numbers for that owner
4. Name, address and phone number of the person making the complaint

Once a complaint is made, the City of Walker will inspect the location. A letter is mailed to the owner of the property or the person allowing the nuisance to exist. A follow-up inspection is scheduled for a later date to confirm that the matter has been resolved.

If the matter has been resolved, the case is closed. If it is not resolved, we will follow our policy to correct the problem, and if necessary, a tax lien will be placed on the property.